Our Brewery Story
We first opened our brewery doors at Yorkshire Heart in 2011. Following the success of our vineyard (to find out more about our vineyard click here) we decided to look at expanding our business further & the link between the two seemed a sensible and very exciting option as we do like our beer! It all happened faster than initially planned due to the right 5 barrel brew plant becoming available to buy at the right time so we thought “why not, let’s go for it!!”
The brewery is based at Carlton Farm just a hop and a skip away from the vineyard still located in the beautiful village of Nun Monkton. We are a family run business with son Tim taking charge of the brewery as Head Brewer, he runs the brewery & completes every step of the brewing process from start to finish including the bottling, casking and distribution with his small team.
We are passionate about producing honest, quality easy drinking craft beers to the highest possible standards which is why all of our beers are brewed on site using only top quality malts and hops from reputable suppliers, and water from our own natural spring which helps give our beers their unique Yorkshire taste, even our beer bottles are made in Yorkshire!
Tim & his team have worked extremely hard over the past few years to build the brewery from its modest initial proposal to the efficient modern brew house developed over two floors that it is today. The brewery has a fantastic reputation for producing quality easy drinking craft ales in cask, poly-pins & bottles which are thoroughly enjoyed mainly across Yorkshire but can also be found as far away as London!
The Yorkshire Heart Brewery now produces 7 core beers in cask, Poly-pin & bottles as well as at least two different specials every month.
Our beers can be purchased in cases of 12 or even order a cask or poly-pin for that party you're having at home through our Online Shop
We feel hugely proud knowing that our beers are being enjoyed by many and witnessing the production demands increase all the time especially when there are so many fantastic craft beers available in our area. It is always nice see all the teams hard work paying off with some much deserved recognition which we have had over the last couple of years, these include:
- Liberty Lager Awarded Gold in the SIBA Small Pack Premium Lager & Pilsners 2017
- Rhubarbeer Awarded Silver in the SIBA Small Pack Speciality Mid to Dark Beers 2017
- Get Pithed Awarded Bronze in the SIBA Small Pack Speciality Light Beers 2017
- Local MP ‘Nigel Adams’ enjoyed our ‘JRT Golden Best Bitter’ so much when he came to visit he chose it as a guest ale in Strangers Bar at the House of Commons in October which we were delighted with!
- Our orange flavoured ‘Get Pithed’ was awarded Silver in the SIBA ‘Small Pack Speciality Beers’ category at York Beer Festival 2015.
- 2014 Summer special ‘SunnyHeart’ was awarded Bronze in the Camra LocAle ‘Beers under 4%’ category at York beer festival 2014.
Yorkshire Heart brewery can be spotted regularly at local beer festivals & food markets as well as other events so if you see them make sure you pop over for a sample and to say a big hello!